Are you feeling groggy, run down, and tired no matter how much coffee you drink or how much sleep you get? Your body could be telling you something. How great or poorly you feel is largely based on how efficiently your body is removing and purging toxins. If you’re feeling sluggish, there is a good chance that your body is in need of a detox in order to remove these toxins, and get you feeling your absolute best! A liver cleanse is a great way to do this.
Since the liver is one of the hardest working organs in our body, it is important that we take great care of it so that it will continue to take great care of us. Our liver is responsible for metabolizing fats, proteins and carbohydrates, bile production and excretion, blood detoxification and purification, and the storage of glycogen, vitamins and minerals just to name a few. Without an optimally functioning liver, we can begin to feel worn down, moody, and may experience gas, bloating and constipation.
But fear not, this Quick Liver Cleanse I use, will get your liver functioning properly and have you feeling better in no time. Typically, I just eat steamed veggies with lemon and a little celtic salt for some extra sustenance! Please keep in mind, pregnant women and nursing moms should not do this cleanse. Hopefully this quick, two-day cleanse will gear you up for the summer!
For two days, I recommend the following:
- Sip on dandelion tea
- Apple cider vinegar water
- Green smoothie with parsley and cilantro (recipe below)
- Plenty of electrolyte water to help flush toxins
- Steamed veggies with lemon and Celtic sea salt
BEST PARSLEY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 2.5 Tablespoons of organic parsley/cilantro
- 1/2 organic cucumber
- Handful of fresh organic greens
- 1/2 of a lemon (peeled and seeded)
- Add a little raw honey if it’s too bitter for you
- Add 1/2 banana if you like a “smoother” smoothie
Blend until desired consistency with either coconut water, almond or coconut milk.
Get started with my liver detox above, but to truly understand what is best for your body, you need to know your body’s Power Type to discover your personalized plan for weight loss, energy, and lasting health. Take the Quiz today!
By doctortaz.com|Categories: Detox, Weight Loss, Wellness|Tags: detox, Functional Medicine, holistic health, holistic medicine, integrative health, integrative medicine, liver|
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
- See AlsoHow quickly the liver can repair itselfLiver Rest and Reboot: How to Improve the Health of Your LiverAcute liver failure - Symptoms and causes10 Reasons To Drink Lemon Water In The Morning On An Empty Stomach - Limoneira(Video) Best Liver Cleansing Smoothie for a Fatty Liver (How to Detox the Liver) | The Frugal Chef
One Simple Rule to Avoid Weight Gain Over the Winter Holidays
November 25th, 2022
Poor Sleep Sabotages Weight Loss—Getting More Can Boost Metabolism
October 14th, 2022
7-Step Skin Detox Guide For a Clear, Radiant Complexion
August 19th, 2022(Video) Natural Home Remedies to Detoxify your Liver | Dr. Hansaji Yogendra